Travel Insurance

NZ has reciprocal health agreements with Australia and the UK. If you’re visiting these countries, you’re entitled to receive free medical treatment for emergency conditions.

However, neither agreement publicly funds every type of service and whether you’re heading to Wollongong or Worcester, you should still take out comprehensive travel insurance. That way, you’ll be covered for expenses that fall outside the scope of the reciprocal agreements. For full details of the reciprocal health agreements, click here to see the Ministry of Health website.

With travel insurance you also get cover for;

  • Overseas emergency medical and dental expenses,
  • Costs to return home for further medical treatment as well as costs if you need someone to accompany you,
  • Loss of deposits, curtailment of journey and travel delays,
  • Life and disablement benefits,
  • Baggage, personal effects and money,
  • Personal liability including rental vehicle excess and defence costs.

And a final plea – don’t leave it to the last minute to contact us to take out travel insurance. It’s best to do this as soon as your travel plans are confirmed so you can obtain the full benefit of cover.